Thursday, June 11, 2009

4 am musings

Ever notice how being up all night makes you start thinking? I've been sitting here tonight trying to decide what my interests are. I've been so busy lately that I think I've forgotten what I like to do. I'm an avid reader (hi, my name is Shelly and I'm a readaholic). I've decided I like to read because I can travel into a good book. It's free and fun with a good book. Some of my favorites are two classic horror authors: Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I had also forgotten that I like to come out at night and watch the moon and the stars. Here in Rifle, I have come out some nights to see a ring around the moon that is just surreal. Tonight's view was fabulous. It had rained, so the air smelled fresh and clouds were in the sky. I also like to crochet blankets. I know, its an old lady thing, but its comforting when I'm stressed. I've taken up walking. I'm usually out walking back and forth in good ole' Rifle twice a week. I work graveyards which wreaks havoc on my schedule but I hope to go up and do some camping this year. I would like to find someone with some ATV's so I could try them. I still have weekends off so who knows what this summer will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment